develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2009

Chaning optee build process into AST and code generation step

From:
Gerard Goossen
Date:
July 17, 2009 06:42
Subject:
Chaning optee build process into AST and code generation step
Message ID:
20090717124926.GB9871@ggoossen.net
Inspired by some of the discussion of using LLVM
as backend for Perl. In the current optree build process
this is quite difficult, therefore I had the idea to split the optree
build process into an Abstract Syntax Tree and a code
generation step. Because this would a quite a big project
I made a proposal to get funding by the Perl Foundation.

Previously sent to Rafael and Nicholas, who both saw the merit of the it.

Feedback on the proposal is appreciated. And if there are no objection
to it I will submit the proposal to the Perl Foundation.

Gerard