develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2009

Re: patch submission(symbian/sdk.pl)

From:
Adam Russell
Date:
June 28, 2009 01:46
Re: patch submission(symbian/sdk.pl)
Message ID:
4A465F20.90400@cs.uml.edu
Dave Mitchell wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:12:12AM -0400, Adam Russell wrote:
>
>> I have updated the symbian port to the point where I can build
>> the interpreter successfully and get it to actually run on a symbian
>> device.
>>

> Very shortly I'm going into code freeze for the perl 5.10.1 release.
>
> I have 3 options for 5.10.1:
>
> 1. Don't apply any of the recent symbian fixes
> 2. Apply just what's currently available
> 3. wait a bit in case more changes are needed to make a consistent whole
>
> Which would you advise?

How soon is "very shortly"? Do I have another 12 hours or so?
I would advise (3), if you do not mind. I have had to patch a few more
files.
This work has all been complete for weeks but I have not prepared the
patch files yet.
Because of other commitments I won't be back on my dev machine for a few
hours yet...
I probably could have completed this sooner except that
I am still very much learning git.