develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2009

Re: patch submission(symbian/sdk.pl)

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
June 27, 2009 11:11
Re: patch submission(symbian/sdk.pl)
Message ID:
20090627181133.GA18032@iabyn.com
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 02:04:16PM -0400, Adam Russell wrote:
> Dave Mitchell wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:12:12AM -0400, Adam Russell wrote:
>>
>>> I have updated the symbian port to the point where I can build
>>> the interpreter successfully and get it to actually run on a symbian
>>> device.
>>>

>> Very shortly I'm going into code freeze for the perl 5.10.1 release.
>>
>> I have 3 options for 5.10.1:
>>
>> 1. Don't apply any of the recent symbian fixes
>> 2. Apply just what's currently available
>> 3. wait a bit in case more changes are needed to make a consistent whole
>>
>> Which would you advise?
>>

> How soon is "very shortly"? Do I have another 12 hours or so?

Sorry, I should have been clearer - "shortly" is a few days [ plus endless
extensions, no doubt .. ]

> I would advise (3), if you do not mind. I have had to patch a few more
> files.

That's fine.

--
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system
of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the