develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2009

Re: patch submission(symbian/sdk.pl)

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
June 27, 2009 10:30
Re: patch submission(symbian/sdk.pl)
Message ID:
20090627172335.GQ18688@iabyn.com
On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 11:05:25AM +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:12:12 -0400 (EDT), Adam Russell
> <arussell@cs.uml.edu> wrote:
>
> > I have updated the symbian port to the point where I can build
> > the interpreter successfully and get it to actually run on a symbian
> > device.
> > This is yet another patch which has been a part of that effort. In this
> > case this file needed to be updated to include options for the most recent
> > Symbian SDKs since this port hasn't gotten much attention in quite a few
> > years!
> > I believe I have fixed the line ending weirdness seen in the last patch I
> > submitted. The trick was the --ignore-space-at-eol flag for the
> > git format-patch
> > command.
> > This patch is the worl of myself and Oscar Villalon whom I have credited
> > also in the patch file.
> > Best Regards,
> > Adam Russell
>
> Hmm, do I have to enable a whitespace `fixer' for your patches? In this
> mail it looked rather ok, but
>
> Applying: patch submission(symbian/sdk.pl)
> /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-git/.git/rebase-apply/patch:13: trailing whitespace.
> # Configuration for S60 5th Edition SDK v0.9
> /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-git/.git/rebase-apply/patch:14: trailing whitespace.
> $SYMBIAN_VERSION = '9.4';
> /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-git/.git/rebase-apply/patch:15: trailing whitespace.
> $SDK_NAME = 'S60_5th_Edition_SDK';
> /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-git/.git/rebase-apply/patch:16: trailing whitespace.
> $WIN = 'winscw';
> /pro/3gl/CPAN/perl-git/.git/rebase-apply/patch:17: trailing whitespace.
> $ENV{WIN} = $WIN;
>
> etc. They won't apply with git-am

Are you sure they're errors and not just warnings?

git am shouldn't be refusing to apply a patch that happens to result in a
line with trailing whitespace!

--
"Do not dabble in paradox, Edward, it puts you in danger of fortuitous wit."
    -- Lady Croom, "Arcadia"