develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2009

[perl #59734] Segfault when using (?|) in regexp.

From:
Vincent Pit via RT
Date:
June 26, 2009 07:41
Subject:
[perl #59734] Segfault when using (?|) in regexp.
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-11910-1245958259-1159.59734-15-0@perl.org
The commit obtained by bisecting isn't the source of this, it just
merely made it more visible on some architectures. For example, I can't
reproduce the crash on my 64-bits system, but valgrind catches the error.

This happens because when there's only one branch in the (?| ... ), the
value of RExC_npar is reset unconditionnaly. The attached patch fixes
the issue.