develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2009

Re: Perl 5.10.1

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
June 21, 2009 06:09
Re: Perl 5.10.1
Message ID:
20090621130853.GA18688@iabyn.com
I'm coming into this thread a bit late - I'm still about a week behind
on my p5p mailbox, and no-one thought to cc me on the thread, so I didn't
spot it earlier.

The situation with maint-5.10 is that

*) the dual-life module side of things is nearly sorted
*) smartmatch has been merged from bleed
*) there's still a big list of regressions from 5.8.x that need reviewing
and possibly fixing (note that I'm not saying they all have to be fixed
before 5.10.1; but at some point I need to review the list and decide
which ones must be fixed).
* I need to do some fixups to the release process to handle the New World
of git.

So all in all, I expect that the release of 5.10.1 is now a short number
of weeks away.

So...
I really can't see any point in releasing "5.10.0 + one bug fix" at this
point.

--
O Unicef Clearasil!
Gibberish and Drivel!