develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2009

Re: the conversion to git (was Re: Perl 5.10.1)

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
June 21, 2009 02:15
Re: the conversion to git (was Re: Perl 5.10.1)
Message ID:
83DF87CB-2D2B-44CD-99C6-20BD2FDC6C6F@hexten.net
On 21 Jun 2009, at 05:03, David Golden wrote:
> I'm not saying it's a cure for cancer or anything, just that I
> probably would never have considered it until the switch to git (or
> maybe SVK, but I like git better, now).

Same here. I've spent more time looking at the perl source in the last
couple of weeks than in the last 18 months - which is completely down
to git. It means I can work with the source as a first-class citizen
and submit changes to origin knowing they should be trivial to
integrate.

The fence is down but the herd will take a while to notice that
they're free.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten