develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Term::ANSIColor 2.00 released

From:
Russ Allbery
Date:
February 28, 2009 20:33
Term::ANSIColor 2.00 released
Message ID:
873adx9810.fsf@windlord.stanford.edu
(Please cc me as I'm not subscribed to the list.)

This release is the first major new version in quite some time.  It adds
support for maintaining a stack of attributes and popping back to a
previous state without resetting, contributed by openmethods.com.  It also
does a bunch of cleanup, switches to a modern test suite, and adds a few
other minor features.  I don't anticipate any backward-compatibility
problems, but it's the biggest code change in a while so I thought it
warranted a major version bump.

The URL

    http://archives.eyrie.org/software/perl/ANSIColor-2.00.tar.gz

has entered CPAN as

  file: $CPAN/authors/id/R/RR/RRA/ANSIColor-2.00.tar.gz
  size: 17262 bytes
   md5: 6ef63aba03d571b635a77c30817ef984

This package is now maintained in Git.  See the instructions at:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/ansicolor/

for information about how to access it.

Changes from the previous release:

2009-02-28  Russ Allbery  <rra@stanford.edu>

	* ANSIColor.pm: Version 2.00 released.

	* Makefile.PL: Add LICENSE to the distribution metadata for Perl
	5.10 and later.

	* ANSIColor.pm: Add explicit return statements instead of relying
	on the implicit return of the last expression.  Use all caps for
	all global variables.

	* ANSIColor.pm: Add the new functions to a :pushpop export tag.
	(PUSHCOLOR): New function that stores in an internal stack the
	attributes that are being set.
	(POPCOLOR): New function that pops the attributes being set and
	sets the attributes previously found on the stack.
	(LOCALCOLOR): New function that surrounds its argument in
	PUSHCOLOR and POPCOLOR.
	(AUTOLOAD): If $AUTOLOCAL is set, surround all color constants
	with an implicit LOCALCOLOR.
	* t/basic.t: Test PUSHCOLOR, POPCOLOR, and LOCALCOLOR.

	* t/pod-spelling.t: Rewrite to use Test::More.  Support and prefer
	aspell.

	* ANSIColor.pm: Fix additional spelling errors and rewrap the POD
	documentation to a 74-character margin.

	* t/basic.t: Rewrite to use Test::More.
	* t/pod.t: Likewise.

	* ANSIColor.pm (AUTOLOAD): If ANSI_COLORS_DISABLED is set, return
	the stringified arguments rather than creating a sub.  This allows
	colors to work later if ANSI_COLORS_DISABLED is unset rather than
	making its effects permanent.  It also avoids adding a reset
	escape sequence when $AUTORESET and ANSI_COLORS_DISABLED are both
	set.

2008-09-14  Russ Allbery  <rra@stanford.edu>

	* ANSIColor.pm: Add faint as a synonym for dark and improve the
	documentation of text attributes.

	* t/pod-spelling.t: New check to spell-check POD documentation
	using ispell with Pod::Spell.
	* ANSIColor.pm: Fix spelling and markup errors in documentation
	and add stop-words where appropriate.