develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

nonxs_ext didn't get the memo about ext/ flattening?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
February 25, 2009 17:08
Subject:
nonxs_ext didn't get the memo about ext/ flattening?
Message ID:
49A5EB86.8070809@pobox.com
I noticed this in the Makefile.

nonxs_ext =   ext/Attribute/Handlers/pm_to_blib ext/Compress/Zlib/pm_to_blib
ext/Errno/pm_to_blib ext/ExtUtils/MakeMaker/pm_to_blib
ext/IO_Compress_Base/pm_to_blib ext/IO_Compress_Zlib/pm_to_blib
ext/Module/Pluggable/pm_to_blib ext/Safe/pm_to_blib ext/Test/Harness/pm_to_blib

Should that be:

nonxs_ext =   ext/Attribute-Handlers/pm_to_blib ext/Compress-Zlib/pm_to_blib
ext/Errno/pm_to_blib ext/ExtUtils-MakeMaker/pm_to_blib
ext/IO_Compress_Base/pm_to_blib ext/IO_Compress_Zlib/pm_to_blib
ext/Module-Pluggable/pm_to_blib ext/Safe/pm_to_blib ext/Test-Harness/pm_to_blib

This might explain the excessive rebuilding I've been noticing.

This appears to be coming from this in config.sh

nonxs_ext='Attribute/Handlers Compress/Zlib Errno ExtUtils/MakeMaker
IO_Compress_Base IO_Compress_Zlib Module/Pluggable Safe Test/Harness'

Which appears to be a consequence of this in the "find_extensions" code in
Configure:

	    this_ext=`echo $xxx | $sed -e s/-/\\\//g`;

at which point I'll leave it to someone else to work out what to do.

--
I'm pale as Formica, social skills stunted small. But I'm accurate
like a pica, I know the capital of Nepal. I'm the nemesis of error,