develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: [perl #61520] Segfault in debugger with tr// and UTF8

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
February 25, 2009 09:31
Re: [perl #61520] Segfault in debugger with tr// and UTF8
Message ID:
20090225173057.GA4024@iabyn.com
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 05:47:50AM -0800, Clinton Gormley wrote:
> I have code which runs in Perl 5.10 without the debugger, but
> segfaults with the debugger.
>
> The offending line appears to be:
>
>   tr[aAbB\x{142}][]cd;
>
> But only when it is invoked by string eval'ed code, or via
> an anonymous sub.
>
> I will upload a script which demonstrates the bug. Normally, under
> the debugger, I get a segfault, However, in the last example (using
> *symbol = sub {   }), I get this error instead:
>
>    Assertion ((svtype)((hv)->sv_flags & 0xff)) == SVt_PVHV failed: file
> "hv.c", line 343

I can confirm this bug is still present in bleed, but not in 5.8.8, 5.8.9

--
"But Sidley Park is already a picture, and a most amiable picture too.
The slopes are green and gentle. The trees are companionably grouped at