develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: [perl #39875] [RESOLVED] -0.0 loses signedness upon numeric comparison

From:
Zefram
Date:
February 25, 2009 05:49
Re: [perl #39875] [RESOLVED] -0.0 loses signedness upon numeric comparison
Message ID:
20090225134933.GA26381@fysh.org
Steve Peters via RT wrote:
>According to our records, your request regarding
>  "-0.0 loses signedness upon numeric comparison"
>has been resolved.

Doesn't seem resolved to me.  The original problem still occurs.
The code that's been added to the core is just a perl-space signbit()
function, which isn't used for anything yet.  I or someone else still
needs to work out and implement a new set of semantics.

-zefram