develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

current 5.10.1 release schedule

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
February 23, 2009 09:59
Subject:
current 5.10.1 release schedule
Message ID:
20090223175929.GB9931@iabyn.com
Here's the current timetable for 5.10.1 (such as it is):

1) Finish off the backlog of merging from bleed (~ 2 weeks)

2) dampen any smoking fires

3) push out a snapshot, principally to check that the merged changes and
   module updates all seem okay

4a) fix smartmatching and known regressions from 5.8.x
4b) synchronise dual-life modules with CPAN
4c) dampen any remaining smoke
4d) finish perldelta

5) push out RC1 and wait a week; rinse and repeat as necessary

Note thate there won't be a single code-freeze point as such; more a
gradually increasing level of paranoia. However, after 1) and 2) I don't
envisage merging any scary changes, so in particular if a major dual-life
module update gets into bleed after that date, it's unlikely to get merged
into bleed. After that point, I will probably only be interested in module
updates that backport a bleed version to CPAN.

--
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path
leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction.