develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: Test::Harness install location

From:
Jerry D. Hedden
Date:
February 23, 2009 09:31
Re: Test::Harness install location
Message ID:
1ff86f510902230931y423bce38j23cb578a00de5ebf@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Jerry D. Hedden <jdhedden@cpan.org> wrote:
> Nicholas Clark wrote:
>> Are you sure that this is correct?
>>
>> +    'INSTALLPRIVLIB' => ( $] >= 5.011 )
>> +    ? $Config{installarchlib}
>> +    : $Config{installprivlib},
>
> I'm know that this works, but there may be another way to 'fix' things.
>
>> Specifically, no shipped version of Perl 5 has ever had Test::Harness in ext,
>> so it will have been installing to privlib. It doesn't contain any XS code,
>> so if the core is installing to archlib, that's a bug, and should be fixed
>> *in core*, before a core ships with that mistake.
>
> This sounds right, but I have no idea how to fix it the way you're describing.

I found the bug for this in installperl.  Patch forthcoming.
Disregard patch to Test::Harness's Makefile.PL.