develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: merging make_ext and make_ext_cross

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 9, 2009 03:21
Re: merging make_ext and make_ext_cross
Message ID:
9b18b3110902090321r12e3261ex58aa5346949a9031@mail.gmail.com
Slightly related to the make_ext thing is the possibility of moving
all the .pl scripts (and actually all the perl scripts) out of the
root directory into a new "build tools" directory, (which i have been
calling 'btools' as its reasonably likely to be unique).

I actually put together a patch for this, but the autocrlf function in
Win32 git caught me out and clobbered my commits, so i need to do some
remedial work on them before i can post them or apply them. (THAT is
an option that should not default to "on" IMO).

Anyway, the point is, in this it appeared that all was necessary for
vms was to add [.btools] in front of the relevent script calls in
vms/descrip_mms.template, would you concur that this would be correct?

For instance like this:

 dynext : $(LIBPREREQ) $(DBG)perlshr$(E) preplibrary makeppport $(MINIPERL_EXE)
-       $(MINIPERL) make_ext.pl "MAKE=$(MMS)" "--all"
+       $(MINIPERL) [.btools]make_ext.pl "MAKE=$(MMS)" "--all"

Does that look right? And, er, any thoughts on whether its a good
thing to move the core specific build utility scripts to a single
location?

Cheers,
Yves