develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: merging make_ext and make_ext_cross

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
February 6, 2009 21:01
Re: merging make_ext and make_ext_cross
Message ID:
c9ab31fc0902062100h6f888ddes5496ddea356ddee6@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:16:41PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
>> but I don't know how to write the VMS system() invocations inside make_ext.pl
>> (Or exactly how to munge the paths to work out the number of '-' for the
>> directory specs to find lib in -I). So:
>
> Ah. I forgot. Does the file for MMS contain a working config target?
> So that the "make config" logic in make_ext.pl will work on VMS too.
>
>    if (!$target or $target !~ /clean$/) {
>        # Give makefile an opportunity to rewrite itself.
>        # reassure users that life goes on...
>        my @config = (@run, @make, 'config', @$pass_through);
>        system @config and print "@config failed, continuing anyway...\n";
>    }

No, there  is no config target at all as far as I can tell.  What does
it do, just memoize the entire ./Configure command line so it can spew
it back for you later?