develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: merging make_ext and make_ext_cross

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
February 6, 2009 13:25
Re: merging make_ext and make_ext_cross
Message ID:
20090206212434.GF81285@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 09:16:41PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> but I don't know how to write the VMS system() invocations inside make_ext.pl
> (Or exactly how to munge the paths to work out the number of '-' for the
> directory specs to find lib in -I). So:

Ah. I forgot. Does the file for MMS contain a working config target?
So that the "make config" logic in make_ext.pl will work on VMS too.

    if (!$target or $target !~ /clean$/) {
	# Give makefile an opportunity to rewrite itself.
	# reassure users that life goes on...
	my @config = (@run, @make, 'config', @$pass_through);
	system @config and print "@config failed, continuing anyway...\n";
    }