develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: perldelta omission for 5.8.9?

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
February 6, 2009 07:47
Re: perldelta omission for 5.8.9?
Message ID:
20090206154703.GC81285@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 06:58:21PM -0500, Ricardo SIGNES wrote:
> * Bram <p5p@perl.wizbit.be> [2009-01-28T16:46:33]
> > >This was fixed in 5.010, but it looks like the fix made it back into 5.8.9
> > >(which is great!) but was not documented, going by
> > >http://perldoc.perl.org/5.8.9/perldelta.html
> >
> > I hope it isn't fixed in 5.8.9 since it is not backwards compatible.
> > (As in, it behaves differently.)
>
> Well, while it's a bit jarring to have things behave differently, this is
> *obviously* a bugfix.  It's only an issue, I think, because it didn't make it
> into the perldelta.  Oh well.  I will commit the correction now for any future
> release.

The perldelta can't contain *all* bugfixes. (That would sort of be the changes
file).

You're saying that this one is significant enough that it deserved a mention?

Nicholas Clark