develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from February 2009

Re: [blead-473-g3b333d0] vms stat patches (take 2)

From:
Craig A. Berry
Date:
February 1, 2009 14:30
Re: [blead-473-g3b333d0] vms stat patches (take 2)
Message ID:
24E3B8D6-EB51-458B-A88F-016D1CC19DFB@mac.com

On Jan 31, 2009, at 8:36 PM, John Malmberg wrote:

> Conversion of Perl_my_time() to tolerate a null thread context, per
> Craig Berry's recommendation.

I changed my recommendation slightly and modified your patch to accord
with it.  See what I did instead here:

http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commit/a520a2c

Basically, checking for a non-null thread context is now part of the
TEST_VMSISH macro and all the VMSISH_xxx macros are defined in terms
of that, so we avoid having to make changes everywhere one of them is
used.

> Conversion of Perl_flex_stat_int() to tolerate a null thread
> context, and updates to better handle Unix Format or Extended File
> System character sets.
>
> vms_fid_to_name() now understands stat/lstat for properly handling
> symbolic links, and uses a similar algorithm as Perl_flex_stat_int()
> for consistency.  Will now optionally return the mode bits from the
> stat operation.

Thanks, applied (with changes noted) here:

http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commit/312ac60

Craig A. Berry
mailto:craigberry@mac.com

  difficult than getting in."