Re: [perl #62746] Perl_my_atof does not "correctly round"

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
January 31, 2009 07:55
Re: [perl #62746] Perl_my_atof does not "correctly round"
Message ID:
20090131155515.GX95022@plum.flirble.org
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 07:07:55AM -0800, reneeb via RT wrote:

> > Personally I always felt that a wrapper that sanitised input to avoid
> > interpretation as hexadecimal floating point constants would have been
> > better, but the alternative solution that we have now was presented first.
> >
> > Nicholas Clark
> >

> So this ticket can be closed?

I didn't say that :-)

I didn't actually say what we should do next. I don't know.

(I was just adding to the ticket what I remembered about the decisions that
got us to where we are now, without thinking about anything else)

Nicholas Clark