[perl #62848] ugly English docs

From:
reneeb via RT
Date:
January 31, 2009 07:49
Subject:
[perl #62848] ugly English docs
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-12283-1233414354-1393.62848-15-0@perl.org
On Di. 27. Jan. 2009, 13:01:56, rirans@comcast.net wrote:

> This seems to apply through to 5.10 perls.
>
> The POD for the English module describes punctuation variables
> as 'ugly' in the abstract after the name.   This is incorrect;

They're ugly, even when Perl programmers get used to use them. They are
ugly as they have no names that express what they are for. I think
that's the reason for the word "ugly" in English.pm

> punctuation variables instantly tell you to look at the
> perlvar documentation with little training.

Newbies do not look at perldoc perlvar and they don't know that thes
variables are special.

Maybe the word "ugly" should be quoted...