Re: [blead-442-gc6d234b] VMS stat fixes.

From:
John Malmberg
Date:
January 28, 2009 20:44
Re: [blead-442-gc6d234b] VMS stat fixes.
Message ID:
498133EE.6050507@gmail.com
Craig A. Berry wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2009, at 8:43 AM, John Malmberg wrote:
>
>> VMS stat fixes:
>>
>> 1. Allow null thread context.
>>
>> 2. First use VMS syntax for files and directories then fall back to
>> Unix syntax with EFS enabled.
>>
>> 3. When Unix syntax with EFS is used, EFS must also be used to store
>> the resultant filename.
>>
>> 4. fid_to_name() needs to use the same algorithm as stat() for
>> consistency.
>>
>> 5. fid_to_name() followed by a flex_stat/flex_lstat call to see if
>> this is a directory is a waste of cycles.
>
> This applied with a number of offsets and produced the following
> compiler warnings.  There must be something missing in the patch as
> submitted.

There was a previous patch sent out that covered the int_tovmspath()
that this needed to follow.  I had thought I had sent it out a day
before this patch.

It looks like I messed up the addresses on sending it, and the resource
leak bug in Mozilla caused Mozilla on VMS to lock up sending the second
patch instead of telling me that the first patch was not sent.

I agree that the function naming is confusing, but I would like to get
the rest of the fixes put in place before changing them.  I have about a
half dozen more fixes in the queue, and I will now need to merge your
changes into what I have to prepare the next patch.

It is not just these names that are confusing, we have
xxx_my_function(), xxx_do_function(), and xxx_function() type names for
the routines that wrap the CRTL functions of the same names.

-John
wb8tyw@gmai.com
Personal Opinion Only