Re: Minimal Perl git repostory

From:
Jerry D. Hedden
Date:
January 7, 2009 11:42
Re: Minimal Perl git repostory
Message ID:
1ff86f510901071142h587dcd31sd0c8186924ba36bd@mail.gmail.com

demerphq wrote:
> Not true. Its totally possible to build perl without git at all.

I didn't mean that git was necessary to build Perl.  I meant that
I wanted to be able to build in such a way that the git commands
used by make_patchnum.pl still work.

> You didnt really think I made it necessary to have git
> around to build did you?

No, I did see the .patch stuff, but I'm not using the rsync
method.

> Anyway, have you tried rsyncing from the APC? Notice anything
> different about it?

I'm gonna still with the git method for now.

> Assuming you have perl already installed:
>
> git pull # whatever, update git.
> perl make_patchnum.pl
> git archive --format=zip HEAD > $zips/perl.zip
> zip $zips/perl.zip lib/Config_git.pl git_version.h

This is for the head of the blead branch, right?
How about for some particular commit ID?

    git pull

    git checkout COMMIT_ID
    perl make_patchnum.pl
    git archive --format=zip COMMIT_ID > $zips/perl.zip
    zip $zips/perl.zip lib/Config_git.pl git_version.h

    git clean -dxf              # Clean up
    git checkout blead          # Return to default branch