perldelta5101

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
January 5, 2009 17:00
Subject:
perldelta5101
Message ID:
20090106010021.GG3503@iabyn.com
p5pers,

Some time soon I need to start producing perl5101delta.pod.

I originally started with the good intention of updating it as I went
along, but soon forgot. So there are a year's worth of changes merged from
bleed that need documenting.

Paul Fenwick organised a collective writing effort for perl589delta, but
understandably he's too knackered to do a repeat performance for 5.10.1.

So my question is, is there anyone out there who feels up to such a
challenge? If so, I will marry you and have your babies etc etc.

Note that a subset of perl589delta will also be applicable to perl5101delta.

My current plan (such as it is):

For the next couple of weeks, finish off my backlog of p5p mails and
unmerged patches (I'm down from 7 to 2 months now). So I'm essentially in
assimilation mode currently.

Once I've caught up, I'll probably produce a snapshot. This is the point
where the influx of merged changes becomes a trickle, and is a good time
to start work on perldelta.

Then I'll need to worry about smartmatching, known regressions from
5.10.0, plus any issues arising from the snaphot.

Then comes RC$i while $i++.

Then... profit!

Dave

Disclaimer: I'm being partially funded by the Perl Foundation to get
5.10.1 out of the door.

--
I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go
swimming.