bleed and CPAN dual-life module synchronisation

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
January 5, 2009 16:26
Subject:
bleed and CPAN dual-life module synchronisation
Message ID:
20090106002622.GF3503@iabyn.com
Just a heads up to to the world at large and to dual-life module owners in
particular, that whatever happens to be merge-able(*) from bleed to
maint-5.10.x in the next couple of weeks or so is what is quite likely to
end up in 5.10.1-RC1.

So now would be a good time for

a) dual-life module authors to merge in bleed-specific hacks (ie all the
1.23_01 module variants, of which there are a distressing number, plus
unnumbered hacks), then push out a clean release which can be sucked back
into bleed, so that bleed and CPAN are in sync;

b) generally for people suck in stuff from CPAN where its newer than bleed

I'll no doubt be hassling individuals in due course too!

(*) bearing in mind that where possible, maint releases don't ship modules
with hacks that aren't already on CPAN.

--
In my day, we used to edit the inodes by hand.  With magnets.