Re: Git.pm

From:
Sam Vilain
Date:
January 5, 2009 04:19
Re: Git.pm
Message ID:
4961FA9D.6030501@vilain.net
Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
>   > I'm going to take over the Git.pm module; the module that comes with git. I
>   > welcome all input from my fellow perl developers.
>
> Upload to CPAN?

Posting a patch to Git.pm via the git mailing list is a far superior
process to making a CPAN release; it allows the code to be reviewed in
far greater detail by a larger number of eyeballs.

I suggest that playing along with the Git community and sending all
changes to the Git list for inclusion rather than arbitrarily insisting
it live on CPAN would be the best approach.  Of course it can be "dual
lifed" as happens with core modules, except the "Core" in this case is
actually git.git.

Sam.