Re: Even faster Unicode character counting

From:
David Nicol
Date:
December 30, 2008 10:39
Re: Even faster Unicode character counting
Message ID:
934f64a20812301039x66ba0865lcb07d533b9177da0@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 1:57 PM, karl williamson
<public@khwilliamson.com> wrote:

> The pre-existing function works on UTF-EBCDIC.  It appears to me that this
> patch does not, which is fine as long as it's #ifdef'd.

Here's an ifdeffed version that attempts to use vectorization to skip
runs of invariants quickly while still using the information from the
start bytes to skip ahead, for the EBCDIC channel.  And I corrected
the off-by-one in the comment.  This compiles, but I have neither
tested nor benchmarked.