Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
December 26, 2008 04:38
Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)
Message ID:
4954D034.808@x-ray.at
Dominic Dunlop schrieb:
> On 2008–12–22, at 14:14, Reini Urban wrote:
>> Is there a specific reason why the question to the perlfaq3
>> "How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"
>> is not answered properly?
>>
>> perldoc B::Bytecode
>
> NOTICE
> [...]
> THIS CODE IS HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
>>
>> perldoc B::C
>
> BUGS
>
> Plenty. Current status: experimental.
>>
>> would answer it.
>

> Also, from perl-5.10.0/pod/perl5100delta.pod:
>
> Removal of the bytecode compiler and of perlcc
> perlcc, the byteloader and the supporting modules (B::C, B::CC,
> B::Bytecode, etc.) are no longer distributed with the perl sources.
> Those experimental tools have never worked reliably, and, due to the
> lack of volunteers to keep them in line with the perl interpreter
> developments, it was decided to remove them instead of shipping a broken
> version of those. The last version of those modules can be found with
> perl 5.9.4.
>
> So, nice though it might be if these modules were usable, they're not.

You mileage may vary. Simple perl functionality works okay.
And this is what the op asked for.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/