Patch for hints/netbsd.sh

From:
Ulrich Habel
Date:
December 23, 2008 08:40
Subject:
Patch for hints/netbsd.sh
Message ID:
9fd3126e0812230536x3f8a84bagbb1b4dcddb399bf5@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

I am one of the maintainer of the NetBSD project for the NetBSD
Package Collection. Perl-5.10 is in our package collection, and I am
testing a few things on NetBSD 5.0_BETA right now. I started to use
Test::Smoke to smoketest Perl -current on the shiny new NetBSD
5.0_BETA and I noticed a problem in the hints file.

Inside the hints/netbsd.sh file is a case in instruction which tests
for all different kinds of NetBSD and set some environmental things
for the build process.

case "$osvers" in
 0.9*|1.*|2.*|3.*|4.*)
[...]
 	d_getprotoent_r="$undef"
 	d_getprotobyname_r="$undef"
 	d_getprotobynumber_r="$undef"
[...]
      d_setprotoent_r_proto="0"
[...]

As NetBSD 5.x doesn't match this variables aren't set and this causes
Perl to fail in the smoke tests starting with the following error:

pp_sys.c:4985: warning: implicit declaration of function 'setprotoent_r'
pp_sys.c:4985: error: 'REENTR' has no member named '_protoent_data'
pp_sys.c: In function 'Perl_pp_sservent':

Please apply the attached patch to the Perl sources in order to fix
this problem. I've tested it myself and it makes Perl compiling (tho
failing elsewhere).

unpatched smoke: http://w3.test-smoke.org/reports/63215
patched smoke: http://w3.test-smoke.org/reports/63238

Regards