Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)

From:
demerphq
Date:
December 22, 2008 05:30
Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)
Message ID:
9b18b3110812220530j264a41cfjfca2be41734643af@mail.gmail.com
2008/12/22 Mr. Dimoski <dimoski@gmail.com>:
> Hi
> I have a perl script that I want to share it with other people.
> I want them to allow them to execute the script but not to view the source.
> Is it possible to make a compiled(human unreadable) version of the script
> and to use it for execution instead of using the "original" source script.
> I think this is possible, becouse I have seen a script like that. It is
> working but when I try to view
> the code with notepad, it shows me some unreadable symbols
>
> It probbably some switch that I should and after the perl.exe call
> perl -some_switch my_script.pl

Just so you know: a lot of people consider it "unfriendly" to do this
with perl scripts, and make a game out of writing tools to deobfuscate
code like this. Perl's introspective features, combined with its mixed
compiler/interpreter behaviour make it very difficult to securely hide
your code. I won't go so far as to actually say that you are much
better releasing your code under a suitable open source license, but I
would suggest you think about it. Certainly you should realize that
whatever efforts you do in this direction will only stop a novice
level attempt to break your protections.

Cheers,
yves