Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
December 22, 2008 05:15
Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)
Message ID:
6910a60812220514h72e681a6y2634e48c638767ae@mail.gmail.com
2008/12/22 Dominic Dunlop <domo@computer.org>:
> On 2008–12–22, at 09:36, Mr.Dimoski wrote:
>
>> I have a perl script that I want to share it with other people.
>> I want them to allow them to execute the script but not to view the
>> source.
>> Is it possible to make a compiled(human unreadable) version of the script
>> and to use it for execution instead of using the "original" source script.
>> I think this is possible, becouse I have seen a script like that.
>

> See  perldoc -q "byte code"  or
> http://faq.perl.org/perlfaq3.html#How_can_I_compile_my
>
> As an easily-defeated but cute alternative, try
> http://search.cpan.org/~asavige/Acme-EyeDrops-1.55/lib/Acme/EyeDrops.pm (which
> even has a couple of suitably seasonal possibilities).

Is there a specific reason why the question to the perlfaq3
"How can I compile my Perl program into byte code or C?"
is not answered properly?

perldoc B::Bytecode
perldoc B::C

would answer it.