Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)

From:
Dominic Dunlop
Date:
December 22, 2008 00:51
Re: A little PERL support(how to make the source unreadable)
Message ID:
3879A61A-53D6-4686-86AF-B5222CCE50EA@computer.org
On 2008–12–22, at 09:36, Mr.Dimoski wrote:

> I have a perl script that I want to share it with other people.
> I want them to allow them to execute the script but not to view the
> source.
> Is it possible to make a compiled(human unreadable) version of the
> script
> and to use it for execution instead of using the "original" source
> script.
> I think this is possible, becouse I have seen a script like that.

See  perldoc -q "byte code"  or http://faq.perl.org/perlfaq3.html#How_can_I_compile_my

As an easily-defeated but cute alternative, try http://search.cpan.org/~asavige/Acme-EyeDrops-1.55/lib/Acme/EyeDrops.pm
  (which even has a couple of suitably seasonal possibilities).
--
Dominic Dunlop