Re: [perl #61518] "Unknown error" using glob

From:
Vincent Pit
Date:
December 21, 2008 13:52
Re: [perl #61518] "Unknown error" using glob
Message ID:
494EBA88.6010403@profvince.com

> : 449...; perl -I. Testcase.pm
> Unknown error
> Compilation failed in require at Testcase.pm line 4.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Testcase.pm line 4.
>

> If I switch the commenting on the "foo" lines, I instead see:
>
> Subroutine foo redefined at Testcase.pm line 6.
>
> which is what you'd expect.  If I comment the "glob" line I see:
>
> syntax error at Testcase.pm line 9, near ""bar")"
> Compilation failed in require at Testcase.pm line 4.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Testcase.pm line 4.
>
> Which again is what you'd expect.
>
> This may be related to:
> http://rt.perl.org/rt3//Public/Bug/Display.html?id=49472
> Just thought I'd report it seeing as 5.10.0 is the current
> default perl for Ubuntu...

Thanks for your report. This seems to have been fixed with the change
33265 that solved RT#46472. The fix has been integrated into the 5.10
maint branch (with change 33940) and will be in 5.10.1.

Vincent.