Front page | perl.perl5.porters |
Postings from December 2008
From: karl williamson
December 17, 2008 09:05
Message ID: email@example.com
I wrote in September about a problem using Configure and symlinks. It
happened again after I'd done a make clobber, so I looked into it, and
have enclosed a patch, though I'm unsure about unintended consequences.
The problem is that under some, apparently rare, circumstances, it was
calling sh < file. file expects that $0 is itself, but by doing the
input redirection, $0 instead points to sh, and it ends up that file
tries to do installation into sh's directory, which is /bin on my system.
Another problem is that when calling with Configure in a different
directory and making symbolic links, that directory is considered the
real one, though after the symbolic links are made, the current
directory should become the one that everything is gotten out of.
perlhack says one can abort out of the configure after that, though if I
do that important things like Makefiles haven't been created. If I then
run Configure from the new directory without using mksymlink, then a
test in Archive fails. So I added a line to change the source directory
after the symbolic links are made. I don't know if rsrc should also be
change; it works on my system. Perhaps this last part is academic with
git. I don't know.
by karl williamson