Re: Proposal: Named parameters for 5.12

From:
Vincent Pit
Date:
December 5, 2008 15:50
Re: Proposal: Named parameters for 5.12
Message ID:
4939BF08.8090406@profvince.com

> That argument is basically "new feature aren't worthwhile unless they
> include $other_specific_new_feature".  That sort of reasoning is a great
> way to shoot down anything new. And that's...not really what perl needs
> right now ;)

Well then, that argument is basically "new things are worthwile as long
as they give the impression the beast is still moving". If Perl's really
dying (and I don't think it is), then I can't help but believing that
the least thing it needs is "barely surviving". That may very well be
idealism ; feel free to blame it on my lack of corporate background ;)
The task is quite big, and the path to get that in will be long. It's
easier to at least think about adding it now in the early stages than
later. And I didn't say that just to be negative : if it's not part of
the plan, that nobody else implements it and that I've the tuits and the
abilities, be sure that I'll try to hack it in.

Vincent.