Re: Proposal: Named parameters for 5.12

From:
jesse
Date:
December 5, 2008 14:46
Re: Proposal: Named parameters for 5.12
Message ID:
20081205224636.GL2625@bestpractical.com

> Maybe I'm a little naive but without it, how pretty the new syntax could
> be, I don't think it would be enough for experienced users to justify
> the break in backward compatibility.

[I'm not arguing about whether aliasing would be an important/great
feature. I'd love to see it.]

That argument is basically "new feature aren't worthwhile unless they
include $other_specific_new_feature".  That sort of reasoning is a great
way to shoot down anything new. And that's...not really what perl needs
right now ;)