Proposal: Named parameters for 5.12

From:
Chip Salzenberg
Date:
December 5, 2008 13:23
Proposal: Named parameters for 5.12
Message ID:
20081205212306.GF16081@tytlal.topaz.cx
What say we make named parameters part of Perl 5.12?  (Finally?!)

A quick check of CPAN suggests that Schwern's code in Method::Signature
defines the state of this particular art.  I think we could make a less
seam-y approach in the core, but the feature set looks really good;

    http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Method-Signatures-20081028/lib/Method/Signatures.pm

Meanwhile, some older stuff for comparison includes:

    http://search.cpan.org/~flora/signatures-0.02/lib/signatures.pm
    http://search.cpan.org/~chips/Perl6-Subs-0.05/lib/Perl6/Subs.pm

--
Chip Salzenberg   twitter:chipsalz
"UTOPIA PLANITIA IS IN ORBIT is the new HAN SHOT FIRST" - Crisper Than Thou