Adding autodie to Perl 5.10.1?

From:
Paul Fenwick
Date:
December 1, 2008 18:27
Subject:
Adding autodie to Perl 5.10.1?
Message ID:
49349CD6.90704@perltraining.com.au
G'day p5p, and particularly Rafael and Dave,

Back in July, Rafael said that putting autodie[1] in the core was a good
idea[2].  Since then I've sent through a big (3,500 line) patch, and then
promptly got smacked by a massive work schedule that had me go back to
lurking on p5p[3].

Since then autodie has changed a little (mainly extra polish), so I'd like
to provide a new patch.  However I want to make sure that when I do so, it's
done in a way that makes everyone's lives as easy as possible.

In the interests of having that happen, I've got a few questions:

* Are we still happy with autodie going in core for 5.10.1?

* Am I correct that a big patch against the current blead is the best thing
to provide?

* Is there a deadline I need to meet?

Many thanks,

	Paul

[1] http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?autodie
[2] http://markmail.org/message/uvc5q35uqjs75teu
[3] I'm still in the massive work schedule, I don't even get to go home
    for another three weeks!

--
Paul Fenwick <pjf@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/