Re: [perl #60890] perl5db.pl corrupts $SIG{__DIE__} in BEGIN blocks

From:
Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Date:
November 30, 2008 01:30
Re: [perl #60890] perl5db.pl corrupts $SIG{__DIE__} in BEGIN blocks
Message ID:
b77c1dce0811300130o65a800f3k1c7dcf422b0446f@mail.gmail.com
2008/11/28 via RT John Siracusa <perlbug-followup@perl.org>:

> It seems like another workaround could be to change the default dieLevel
> back to 0 instead of 1.
>
> BTW, the "perldoc perldebug" documentation seems to imply that the default
> value of dieLevel is still 0:
>
>    "By default, the debugger leaves your exceptions and warnings alone,
>     because altering them can break correctly running programs."
>
> so apparently that patch in 2001 that brian refers to only updated the
> code, but not the docs.

Here's a pointer to the patch :
http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/11120
and the original mail from Ilya, which is not so helpful:
http://markmail.org/message/c6dwk4areelar37p?q=debugger+date:20010703&page=1

I don't know what defaults are preferable for dielevel and warnlevel
in the debugger. I don't use it enough.