Re: Perl_linklist (was Re: modules on CPAN defining PERL_CORE)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 26, 2008 07:24
Re: Perl_linklist (was Re: modules on CPAN defining PERL_CORE)
Message ID:
20081126152355.GU49335@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:38:10PM +0100, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> 2008/11/26 Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com>:

> > Hmm. After compilation, that only returns op_next, the next op to be
> > executed. During compilation, if op_next isn't set yet, it figures out
> > which op comes next and stores it in op_next.
>
> ... which also means that it should probably not be public, if we
> follow the logic that the optree construction should not be public;
> Devel::BeginLift is already copying parts of op.c to do its magic.

Do we want to make that policy decision? That optree construction is private.

Nicholas Clark