Re: Git.pm

From:
philippe.bruhat
Date:
November 24, 2008 05:30
Re: Git.pm
Message ID:
20081124133042.GG32264@plop
On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 08:29:44PM +0100, Nadim Khemir wrote:

> I'm going to take over the Git.pm module; the module that comes with git. I
> welcome all input from my fellow perl developers.

What's really needed is that all those command_* methods share the same
signature. The *bidi* ones were particularly bad last time I looked.

I sent an email to the git list with the problems I found:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/git/2008/10/24/3789584

> If you are a git module developer, there are a few on CPAN, and would like to
> strategically merge your module, please let me know.

Since Git::FastExport is just a parser for git fast-export output,
I don't think it needs to be merged in any way. On the other hand,
it does use Git.pm, so if you have a git repository to point me to,
I'd be interested in following your work.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Look before you leap... even when you expect to land in a pile of manure.