Re: t/op/regexp_unicode_prop_thr.t marked as binary in APC

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 19, 2008 01:36
Re: t/op/regexp_unicode_prop_thr.t marked as binary in APC
Message ID:
20081119093552.GK49335@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:29:32AM +0100, Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
> 2008/11/19 Andreas J. Koenig <andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR@franz.ak.mind.de>:

> > Rafael, do you still know how such a file can be decontaminated once
> > it has been added to Perforce?
>
> I think that the trick was to add a packed version of the
> "contaminated" file in the source code of the APC tools.

In this case, I believe that I already fixed the metadata within perforce.

> Well, with the forthcoming git move, that kind of problem should
> disappear. We should probably get rid of all .packed files and add a
> .gitattributes files at the root to record which files are binary.
> (Versioned metadata. Yay)

I'm not convinced that that's reason alone.

Perforce, also, is quite capable of holding binary files, yet we've chosen
deliberately not to have any. I'm not sure of *all* of the reasons why, but
one of them is it useful having the mailed diffs being canonical, rather than
partial, because one can verify all the commits.

Nicholas Clark