Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)

From:
David Golden
Date:
November 16, 2008 12:28
Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)
Message ID:
5d4beb40811161227j31fd7f69i2cd8e1e82f7653ee@mail.gmail.com
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> Right. This makes sense. So to me, right now, the useful assistance I'd like
> would be to have documented how have a git workflow as close as is sane to the
> current perforce commit-to-blead workflow.

As a starting point, I ported Yuval's "git for perforce users" to the
perl5 wiki:

http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?git_for_perforce_users

To the extent it's not quite right, that would be a good place for
contributors to start revising and enhancing.  For example, it would
be great to have an example "the perforce way" and "the git way" for
different tasks.

-- David