Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 16, 2008 09:52
Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)
Message ID:
20081116175153.GL49335@plum.flirble.org
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 05:15:19PM +0100, Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:

> Please understand that this is because p5p has not picked a git
> workflow yet. Git lets you pick pretty nearly any workflow you
> like so the question on the table right now is ???what workflow do
> we on p5p want to establish???? In contrast, the question a

> Furthermore, just as git does not impose any particular workflow,
> it does not impose it at any one time; by which I mean to say,
> you can always change it or make additions or adjustments later.

Great. That makes the answer really easy:

RIGHT NOW we go for exactly the same workflow as we're using with Perforce.

We change EXACTLY ONE THING at a time.

Then, once we're happy with using git to do the tasks we already know about,
we change and improve the workflow using the same tool.

Small incremental changes. Far more likely to succeed.

Nicholas Clark