Front page | perl.perl5.porters |
Postings from November 2008
Re: 5.8.9 RC1
From: Tim Bunce
November 16, 2008 03:38
Re: 5.8.9 RC1
Message ID: 20081116113800.GA38297@timac.local
I'll take a look.
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:07:33AM +0100, Slaven Rezic wrote:
> Nicholas Clark <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 02:21:57AM +0100, Slaven Rezic wrote:
> >> I finished the CPAN smoking:
> > Great, thanks.
> >> Devel-SmallProf-2.02 probably looks to deep into the internals. Here's
> >> the RT ticket about its failure with perl 5.8.9:
> >> http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=40902
> > Is it possible to automate a binary search for what caused that?
> > I didn't think that anything significant changed in 5.8.9.
> > (I know that blead is broken, and I know why, but it's not code in
> > 5.8.anything)
> Unfortunately the latest revisions are not in the public git
> repository, but the same failure also happens in blead between changes
> 34613 - 34693. And the bad commit is this one:
> 05050ec7f4714081217c89c28c41f583471af5a5 is first bad commit
> commit 05050ec7f4714081217c89c28c41f583471af5a5
> Author: Nicholas Clark <email@example.com>
> Date: Sat Nov 1 14:51:05 2008 +0000
> Add a flag PERLDBf_SAVESRC, which enables the saved lines part of
> PERLDBf_LINE, so that profilers (such as NYTProf) have access to the
> lines of the eval, without the speed impact of other parts of the
> debugger infrastructure. PERLDBf_LINE is unchanged. Based largely on a
> patch by Tim Bunce in <20081028152749.GA12500@timac.local>
> p4raw-id: //depot/perl@34693
> :040000 040000 2cf08501202d71e0449ca3bb7dd8eb75cf43e4b8 c5ba3ed23ab9014fc887a0000895a04f94b687ff M lib
> :100644 100644 a3272bc78e53ce35878aad3e63e3ae88860c8290 e07416e9a4891c5435919867a5ce17ad72c9c26f M perl.h
> :100644 100644 8351d5305598902e6ad35eb0efadfeaf8849aad5 20674952776eea8e556d89558413157783ff1259 M pp_ctl.c
> It is integrated as change 34726 in maint/perl-5.8.
> Slaven Rezic - slaven <at> rezic <dot> de
> tksm - Perl/Tk program for searching and replacing in multiple files