Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=E9on_Brocard?=
Date:
November 16, 2008 01:36
Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)
Message ID:
a92222c80811160136v2c564331iaf90ce0f8d3ede58@mail.gmail.com
2008/11/15 Craig A. Berry <craig.a.berry@gmail.com>:

> Our cookbook needs to be "Meals in a Minute," not Julia Childs' "The Way
> to Cook."

I'm thinking of sections along the lines of:

* I want to check out the latest version and look at history

* I want to check out the latest version, write a patch and send it to p5p

* I want to check out an old branch, write a patch and send it to p5p

* I want to check out the latest version and create a new branch for a
few weeks, then write a big patch

* I want to use github so that other people can follow my patches

* I want to find out which commit broke this code

* I'm a pumpkin

So while we may skim the topics, we won't explain it all. Instead, we
explain what to do.

Leon