Re: PATCH [perl #59342] chr(0400) =~ /\400/ fails for >= 400

From:
Dr.Ruud
Date:
November 15, 2008 05:55
Re: PATCH [perl #59342] chr(0400) =~ /\400/ fails for >= 400
Message ID:
20081115135552.23481.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Chip Salzenberg schreef:
> Tom Christiansen quoted the Camel:

>>     It has been said(*) that programs that write programs
>>     are the happiest programs in the world.
>> * By Andrew Hume, the famous Unix philosopher.
>
> Programs that write programs may be happy ... but people who have to
> read and, heaven forfend, _maintain_ programs written by programs
> are, without doubt, the damned of Computania.

My best coding memories are still attached to metaprogramming,
specifically Clarion for DOS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarion_(programming_language)

Maintenance was real easy: change the model (templates) and possibly
some include files (embeds), hit the generate button, and the full
application was regenerated and compiled. We even did that while
demonstrating the application: when an idea from the audience was real
good, we could adapt the model, regenerate, and proceed the demo.
s/rails/infrastructure/

--
Affijn, Ruud

"Gewoon is een tijger."