Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
November 14, 2008 02:04
Re: git workflow (was Re: git?)
Message ID:
20081114100449.GP49335@plum.flirble.org
On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 04:59:08AM -0500, David Golden wrote:

> Some thoughts:
>
> (1) pumpkings publish to their own individual repositories
>
> pro: low admin overhead
> con: hard for the un-initiated to know which repository to clone to
> participate on a particular branch

Fail: With this, there is no way to have people set up automated smokers on
(sometimes obscure) operating systems which the pumpkings don't have access
to.

Smoking on things like AIX, Win32, Tru64, HP/UX, VMS [please can we have VMS
smokes again] would stall until whichever branch they pointed at was resynced.

> (2) pumpkings publish to the "master" perl repository
>
> pro: single definitive master repo for everyone to track
> con: pumpkings all need commit access (generally via ssh)

We can smoke this.

[snip useful stuff]

Nicholas Clark