RE: 5.8.9 RC1

From:
Andrew Dougherty
Date:
November 11, 2008 04:42
RE: 5.8.9 RC1
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.64.0811110740210.26451@fractal.phys.lafayette.edu
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Konovalov, Vadim (Vadim)** CTR ** wrote:

> > From: Nicholas Clark [mailto:nick@flirble.org]

> > Does the released 5.8.8 fail in the same way?
>
> Sorry, with perl-5.8.8 I'm lost.
>
> ./Configure -des
> Now you must run 'make'.
>
> If you compile perl5 on a different machine or from a different object
> directory, copy the Policy.sh file from this object directory to the
> new one before you run Configure -- this will help you with most of
> the policy defaults.
>
> coli perl-5.8.8 # make
> make: *** No rule to make target `<command-line>', needed by
> `miniperlmain.o'.  Stop.

Just hand-edit the 'makefile' (and 'x2p/makefile') to delete the lines
containing '<command-line>' and '<builtin>'  (which might be '<built-in>',
I don't exactly recall).  They are output by "newer" versions of gcc and
not recognized by 5.8.8's build system.  They are harmless.  Just delete
them and you can continue with the test.

--
    Andy Dougherty		doughera@lafayette.edu