Re: 5.8.9 RC1

From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
November 10, 2008 20:16
Re: 5.8.9 RC1
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.0.9999.0811102209090.9240@urth.org
> Currently it's at
>
>    http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl-5.8.9-RC1.tar.bz2
>
> Please don't publicise that URL outside p5p  - instead
>
>  ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/N/NW/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.9-RC1.tar.bz2
>
> once it's had time to propagate to CPAN's mirrors.

I found a small typo in perl589delta:

  A new entry has been added to the MAGIC vtable - svt_local. This is used
  when copying magic to the new value during local. This allows problems
  with localising shared variables.

I'm not sure what that last sentence should be, but I'm pretty sure it's
wrong ;)

Also, I think the paragraph about this being the last 5.8.x release should
be _way_ higher up in the document. I'd say stick it right under
DESCRIPTION. Right now it's buried under Known Bugs where a lot of folks
might miss it.

Thanks for your (and everyone else's) work on this (and other) release(s).

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)