develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2008

Re: glibc detected corrupted double-linked list

From:
andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR
Date:
October 26, 2008 04:13
Re: glibc detected corrupted double-linked list
Message ID:
87ljwbhanb.fsf@k75.linux.bogus

  > I infer that the problem isn't repeatable,
  > or at least isn't easily repeatable, else you would have described what you
  > needed to do to re-create it.

Yes.

  > I have no idea what to do next. Always run my own CPAN shells under valgrind,
  > just in case?

This is a marvelous idea, will do.

  > Does the CPAN shell require modules to get their $VERSION?

No, it uses MakeMaker->parseversion, which does some eval on the first
line looking like a version assignment.

--
andreas